Twitist Forums
How do I verufy my email address for a google account (not alternate address, primary/only email address)? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook profile (/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: How do I verufy my email address for a google account (not alternate address, primary/only email address)? (/thread-166453.html)

How do I verufy my email address for a google account (not alternate address, primary/only email address)? - Kiara - 06-24-2014 07:06 PM

I've created a yahoo account for use with yahoo groups through my google/gmail account, which is an option through yahoo. However, every time I try to request to join a restricted group I get an error message telling me that I need to verify my email address first. I follow the link in the message, re-login through google/gmail, and get taken to a profile info page showing me my email address with no additional links. This happens every single time I try to join so that link to verify my address obviously isn't working. How can I verify my email address (gmail) within my yahoo account (for groups)?

Notes
- I have a flickr account through that same gmail address, it has never had any problems
- I tried getting to groups from flickr after being logged in there but it didn't work
- I do not need to know how to verify an alternate email address, the gmail address is the primary and only email address linked to the account
- While I'm at it, I'd also love if yahoo would stop making me re-login with every page I visit while signed in through my google account
- I created a direct yahoo account and didn't experience any of these problems, so I think it is the gmail thing making everything fail, but it would be really nice to have the account through gmail, which I actually use

- xander - 06-24-2014 07:11 PM

You'll need to upgrade to a full Yahoo account in order to use Yahoo Groups:

Upgrade a Facebook or Google ID to a full Yahoo account
http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN2121&locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT