Twitist Forums
How do you deal with the privacy problem in Facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook privacy (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: How do you deal with the privacy problem in Facebook? (/thread-16875.html)

How do you deal with the privacy problem in Facebook? - A - 11-09-2012 08:52 AM

This Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook, seems to be a tyrant who reveals your data any time he wants. I hoped Americans would suit him in the courts, but it seems they aren't doing so. I'm worried about this, How do you deal with this issue?

- Jim - 11-09-2012 09:00 AM

Facebook are obliged to reveal data if required to do so by a court order.
In terms of privacy issues generally, most users seem satisfied with the options available

- Blue - 11-09-2012 09:00 AM

I don't use Facebook anymore due to privacy issues. Every time i used it alarms bells were ringing and just felt uncomfortable

- dan - 11-09-2012 09:00 AM

NEVER put private information on the Net. Or private photos.
Better no photos. Your socially interacting friends know what you look like. Put an avatar that resembles you.
If you must use your first and last name for some reason just make up a middle name. City Scott Base Country Antarctica, Even if you put your hobbies you can get spam.
Date of birth 1st Jan 1920 etc
Get the picture?
"Blue" the answerer above has got it

IT IS NEVER SAFE WHATEVER THEY TELL YOU!

- Naomi Xtian - 11-09-2012 09:00 AM

These companies do not supply this social networking free service out of the goodness of their hearts.
They are mutimillion dollar companies making their dough selling data to other commercial enterprises for marketing and spamming purposes.
Your data is NOT safe. I don't care what anyone says. Legal, schmeagal!. The powers that be don't know what is going on.
Feed em garbage and save your privacy.
Go and change it now though it is probably too late.
GET A JUNK EMAIL ADDRESS - DO NOT GIVE YOUR REAL ONE.
You have been warned.

READ THE 3 ANSWERS ABOVE AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS before it is too late.

- Naomi Xtian - 11-09-2012 09:00 AM

Close you accounts and make new ones with BS info.
I alraedy did it