Twitist Forums
Facebook told me that it's my Mormon friend's birthday. Should I wish her a happy one or is that taboo? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook friends (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Facebook told me that it's my Mormon friend's birthday. Should I wish her a happy one or is that taboo? (/thread-19743.html)

Facebook told me that it's my Mormon friend's birthday. Should I wish her a happy one or is that taboo? - india lima foxtrot - 11-09-2012 09:48 AM

Or am I thinking of Jehovah's Witnesses? I get my cults confused.

- Sh00fly - 11-09-2012 09:56 AM

Well has anyone else commented?
(troll must try harder).

- HorseGirl87 - 11-09-2012 09:56 AM

Ok well I'm a bit surprised your wanting to be culturally conscious when you are alright using the work cult to describe their religions. You absolutely can wish her a happy birthday, your intention is good and just because she may not celebrate (although Im not sure that is a part of the mormon religion) it is still fact that this is her birthday and your simply wishing her a happy day. Just don't include anything about her not celebrating or being mormon. A simple birthday wish should suffice.

- Tylersty - 11-09-2012 09:56 AM

It is because both Christianity and Islam are of same nature. The three defining features of these so-called religions is sin, hell, and hatred of others. Without these three features these so-called religions will have no existence.

- Bopped - 11-09-2012 09:56 AM

Ask about the nifty undies

- Bork - 11-09-2012 09:56 AM

You get your cults confused? Not too bright, are we? And lazy too, I'd say.

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=do+mormons+celebrate+birthdays

Seriously, how hard was that? Maybe you should change your name to ImAtRoLlololol

- Tarxus - 11-09-2012 09:56 AM

I shouldn't answer this just on the grounds that you called my religion a cult. But just to educate you Mormon's do celebrate birthdays, holidays, etc so yes it is okay to wish your Mormon friend a happy birthday.