Twitist Forums
I didn't change the status on my facebook account but then I found it changed to some kind of pills ads? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook ads (/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: I didn't change the status on my facebook account but then I found it changed to some kind of pills ads? (/thread-20771.html)

I didn't change the status on my facebook account but then I found it changed to some kind of pills ads? - elssa - 11-09-2012 10:10 AM

it says I lost 8 1/2 pounds in only 2 weeks with this new pill! visit PurgeColon.net to get your free trial pack! Afo

is this some kind of virus or something ?

- Kiootee <3 - 11-09-2012 10:19 AM

dont you think somebody hacked your account?

- Tasha - 11-09-2012 10:19 AM

Your account was phished. You probably clicked on a link similar to that and they stole your account information. Just change your password

- circuS - 11-09-2012 10:19 AM

Yup! I saw the same thing from my friend just recently except it said IJI in the end instead of Afo.

Umm....reasons might have been from something you downloaded, an application you used, or it's just the whole facebook is infected but only targets a small amount of people. I might consider this as a phishing virus, then once you get to the website, malware and virus. It's like the phishing links in Messengers.

Be careful and if you want, just delete those posts from your page. Big Grin

- Nika - 11-09-2012 10:19 AM

I just seen this on a friends status as well.

- sweetboniie - 11-09-2012 10:19 AM

My friends status on facebook says that too

- TheSublime - 11-09-2012 10:19 AM

Just logged in to facebook to find exactly the same status.. updated about two hours ago..

i've been using very few applications. farmville, graffiti, and a who is stalking your facebook profile(don't remember the name) application.

what about you guys? think the problem is application related?

just changed my password, so i hope that solved the problem..

- BAGMAN - 11-09-2012 10:19 AM

I got this today too, I do not have any facebook applications installed.

I am very carful with what I click on. I am using IE8 and Windows 7

I think this is a password leak, I changed my facebook account to allow other account logins, ie google. This is the only thing I can think of that caused this.

- cozi - 11-09-2012 10:19 AM

You may want to take a look at this blog

http://trends-news-guides-how-to.blogspot.com/2009/10/purgecolonnet-20091002.html

Basically, your facebook account may have been compromised. The url leads to a page that seems to be not active. you can see a sreen shot at the blog page.