Twitist Forums
Question about how Facebook makes money? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook ads (/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: Question about how Facebook makes money? (/thread-21599.html)

Question about how Facebook makes money? - I was once called Jasdeep - 11-09-2012 10:28 AM

I realize that Facebook generates money from ads that it places on the side of the screen, companies pay to put those ads up as well are charged a certain amount per ad click.

My question is, is it possible for Facebook to fake those clicks by hiring 3rd party users to click on those ads

- 86Timewarp - 11-09-2012 10:37 AM

They can, but it would be an unfare business practice.

- rtfm - 11-09-2012 10:37 AM

Anything's possible.

That doesn't mean it's likely.

- Robert - 11-09-2012 10:37 AM

Those companies can choose between a daily fee and a pay per click.

They only have to pay $.01 per click on their website. So hiring someone might not do any good.

- Cem - 11-09-2012 10:37 AM

I think what you say is a good idea.But I dont think facebook would need this.Because there are 600 million users of facebook by now and the possibility of people who are being interested in those ads is really high.600 million is a quite huge number.But on the other hand,the administration would do that, easier and who would know.

- Anthony - 11-09-2012 10:37 AM

There are two different types of advertising with FB ads.

You have PPC (pay per click) and PPV (pay per view)

If someone sets up an ad campaign & chooses the PPV method, each time their ad is DISPLAYED on the right side of the page to a user, it costs money.

Even if nobody clicks the ad.

Now, PPV is a lot cheaper than PPC advertising. BUT if you can find a good keyword, PPC is going to bring the best results, and at around the same price - sometimes even less.

But again, thats only if the keyword has hardly any competition.