Twitist Forums
How Has Facebook Become So Addicting That There Is Now Support Groups To Help With It? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook groups (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: How Has Facebook Become So Addicting That There Is Now Support Groups To Help With It? (/thread-21688.html)

How Has Facebook Become So Addicting That There Is Now Support Groups To Help With It? - Melissa L - 11-09-2012 10:30 AM

I was reading in the news today that Facebook has become literally addicting for many people, young and old, that it's starting to interfere with daily functioning.

There is now counseling and support groups to help those with specific addictions to Facebook.

How have we gotten to this point?

- Trisha - 11-09-2012 10:39 AM

scary, isn't it?
i guess people get so consumed with it, but i just can't understand how someone can get addicted to a website! so weird.

- .Gee Whillakers - 11-09-2012 10:39 AM

sometimes when I am at work I can't wait to get home and see what has been going on in my facebook, and another site I spend too much time on is pug.meetup.com
I don't know about the support group thing though.
One friend I have at work said she stays on there way too much and does not sleep at nite because of it.

- Rebecca - 11-09-2012 10:39 AM

It became very addicting for me. I banned myself from it yesterday (not deleted my account - just made it so my computer won't load the pages).

Productivity is now doubled!