Twitist Forums
Is it ok to do this?? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter DirectMessage DM (/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Is it ok to do this?? (/thread-2197.html)

Is it ok to do this?? - Chloe - 10-01-2012 03:48 PM

so there is this supply teacher at school and were close and i follow him on twitter and he follows me do you honk I should direct message him

- LuckyCommander541 - 10-01-2012 03:56 PM

No i don't "honk" you should message him.

- lover_boy - 10-01-2012 03:56 PM

no

- Emmanuelle - 10-01-2012 03:56 PM

probably not he could get into loads of trouble and lose his job :/

- Laura - 10-01-2012 03:56 PM

I'm pretty sure that it is illegal for teachers to be connect with their students over social messaging sites. I wouldn't private message him if I were you, if you don't want to get him in trouble.

- R W - 10-01-2012 03:56 PM

If you're over the age of 18, go for it - the worst that will happen is that he'll violate some employment rules against fraternizing with students.

If you're under 18, then don't do it... it's not going to have a positive outcome for anyone. Even if it doesn't go beyond just talking with him, if any student makes a sexual harassment claim against the teacher, your online relationship with him can be used as evidence of inappropriate contact with students.

Some school districts have tried to ban all non-work related contact between teachers and students to protect themselves.

- Mic F - 10-01-2012 03:56 PM

No it is not advisable to start message him directly as this could look bad on him and he could get in serious trouble and lose his job and career