Twitist Forums
How do I get Twitter followers as a no-named fiction author? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter followers (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: How do I get Twitter followers as a no-named fiction author? (/thread-2252.html)

How do I get Twitter followers as a no-named fiction author? - Curtis Galluzzo - 10-01-2012 04:45 PM

I'm a fiction writer currently working on a fantasy project that I plan to self-publish. I've read a lot about networking and marketing through Twitter even before your book is finished, but I'll be honest, I have no idea how to use Twitter. How do I attract a large following when I'm still nobody and my book is not yet available?
Looking specifically for how to get followers when I really have none to start with.

- Apollo - 10-01-2012 04:53 PM

Use your real name. If people like what you wrote. sometimes they'll search you up in Twitter. Don't invent a name. Tell them that your account is official and your the real you so they don't follow somebody else . Write it down in your bio. They'll follow you for sure.

Sometimes, you get a blue check beside your name when you are a very popular author. You need to be verified but I don't know how you get it since I'm not an actor or anything. Smile