Twitist Forums
How do people get so many "friends" on facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook friends (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: How do people get so many "friends" on facebook? (/thread-23075.html)

How do people get so many "friends" on facebook? - AidenInHeaven - 11-09-2012 10:58 AM

Seriously, I have relatives and friends who have over 1000 people on their facebook friends list.
They're college students as I am myself but it's hard to believe people actually know that many people.
I only have about 70 people on FB, and as much as I couldn't care less about making this a popularity contest, I just want to know how these people manage to pull it off.

Is there something fishy going on?

- T-Rain - 11-09-2012 11:06 AM

just search for random people and ask to be friend. I can guareente you that 1/2 of those 1000 friends are not really their friends.

btw if you can please sign up to this game
http://www.unforgivenwar.com/register.php?REF=130425

- Sirex - 11-09-2012 11:06 AM

An average human being will usually have a maximum circle of 200 friends. Facebook is another story, people just keep adding anyone they get invites from.

- JOHN C - 11-09-2012 11:06 AM

It gives their pathetic lives a sense of importance!

- Jim - 11-09-2012 11:06 AM

Some young people use artificial "friend adders" which presumably add a heap of total stranger to the friends list.
Seem a bizarre concept to me as each one of the 1,600 friends on my MySpace were either individually accepted or individally requested

- Yo Gramma - 11-09-2012 11:06 AM

I have 520 friends
all legitimately people I know.
It's called being outgoing, ,social and friendly.

- Fanaticallace738 - 11-09-2012 11:06 AM

Nope. Some people are serial friend adders.

Quite a lot I would go on a night out, or whatever, and randomly get talking to someone in my town who I don't know. The next day, when I log onto FB, they have added me as a friend. I also get random people who went to my school, but weren't in my year adding me.

And the weirdest of all, I get plain randomers adding me who absolutely could not know me as they don't even come from the same country as me.

Some people just use it as a popularity contest, but realistically, having a huge friend list, full of people you don't know, does not make you popular.

- BLANK - 11-09-2012 11:06 AM

The silly thing with that large number of facebook friends is that those that have more than 1,000/500 friends sometimes have an empty facebook wall, people don't write to them , vice versa. in that case it is pretty obvious that they just add random people.

I could have had more than 200 friends on facebook. These people would have been high school and college friends, however, although I know them (small college, small High school) I only add those that I were very close to .

I keep my facebook contact to 119 and I feel that it is a lot .