Twitist Forums
Facebook: Cancelled from a friend, find him again? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook friends (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Facebook: Cancelled from a friend, find him again? (/thread-23234.html)

Facebook: Cancelled from a friend, find him again? - Milan Delille - 11-09-2012 11:01 AM

Hey everybody,
So I was friends with another guy on Facebook and he cancelled me for some reason (most probably not on purpose). So now I can't find him anymore. Is there something I can do to find him again? Is it written somewhere if we once have been friends?
Thanks for your support.

- Dr. Pepper - 11-09-2012 11:09 AM

I've had this same issue a couple of times, and here are a couple of possibilities:

1. One of my friends vanished once as if they had unfriended me, and then I was unable to find him in the search bar. I was able to get into contact with him via email, and found out that either he had deactivated his account, or Facebook had deactivated his account (I can't remember which). So it's possible your friend's account no longer exists.

2. It's possible that your friend has blocked you. Unfriended you, and then blocked your account, meaning you won't be able to add him as a friend, nor find him in the search bar. You seem to feel that this wasn't on purpose, so maybe this option isn't very likely.

My advice to you is to try searching in more detail first. For example, type his name into the search bar, and when it gives you the drop list of people who match that, click on "See More Results For..." Once you get into that screen, go to the left-hand side and click "People." From there you can enter more fields, such as where he works, lives, or goes to school. This will help narrow the search, in case he is still there.

Another thing I've been able to do is use mutual friends to find a person that's not appearing in the search. Say you have a friend who you know is friends with this guy on Facebook. Go to that person's profile, pull up THEIR friends list, and look through there to find him. If he's not there, his account has likely been deactivated.

And last but not least, try contacting him some other way, if possible. Via email, text, phone,...etc. Just ask him what's up, if his account has been deleted or not.

Hope you're able to find him!