Twitist Forums
With new Facebook privacy settings, how do you HIDE pages during search? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook privacy (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: With new Facebook privacy settings, how do you HIDE pages during search? (/thread-23959.html)

Pages: 1 2

With new Facebook privacy settings, how do you HIDE pages during search? - KJAM - 11-09-2012 11:17 AM

Facebook just changed their privacy settings, and now for my public search, all the pages I'm a fan of and my friends list is displayed. How do I fix this!?

- Echo Ed - 11-09-2012 11:25 AM

Looking at your profile page, you'll notice a pencil icon in the boxes such as, "Friends", "Information", etc. clicking it will allow you to change whether or not it will be displayed on your profile page. Preventing a box from being displayed will also remove it from search results.

Hope that helps,

Ed

- EllenCarter74 - 11-09-2012 11:25 AM

There's a new option, where you can make it seem like you don't even exist on the site to outsiders. I just did it. It's in privacy settings

- Need Help - 11-09-2012 11:25 AM

Yeah, I would just suggest you blank yourself from search and then go to your friend's list and click on the blue pencil icon on the upper right hand side of your friend's list box and hide that, then no one will be able to see it.

- ʛôđĽɛşʂ - 11-09-2012 11:25 AM

it's been 2 days I'm trying to figure out the same thing but we cannot change it, my friends list, pages, notes and some other applications will be shown during search there is no way to hide em just hide your profile from public searching, facebook might fix it as I think the admin messed up the whole privacy setting and they're to fix it, this is totally BS!

- Mary - 11-09-2012 11:25 AM

Regarding pages, you can't...and I have a REAL issue with this.

I contacted FB stating that employers (potential or current), etc.. can see things like political groups/interests and this is a MAJOR privacy violation. I also mentioned that as a result of this, many FB users may be terminating their association with fan pages which seems to defeat the purpose of "social networking". That is what I intend to do - in the interim, I am taking a screen shot of all of my pages to be reinstated later if FB puts the privacy setting back.

- Miz Bee - 11-09-2012 11:25 AM

1. Go to Home -> Pages (on left hand side list where News Feed, Photos, Links appear)

2. On the Pages page, there is a button that will say 'Update Status' - click that button.

3. Click on the padlock icon next to the 'Share' button.

The padlock icon controls privacy etc and you can choose if only you, friends etc can see the info

- YP - 11-09-2012 11:25 AM

Miz Bee
- Even if you do that, your pages STILL show up if someone searches for you. It doesn't hide them.

- OC99 - 11-09-2012 11:25 AM

I don't have an answer to you, but I am perplexed as well! I would like to figure out how to do this. Like above responders, i have removed myself from public searches, however my profile can still be seen by some people (for instance friends of friends) and my profile to these people includes information like my networks, pages, and some basic info. I would rather this info NOT be seen to anyone unless they are my friend!! But the strange thing is, that with some people this info is not seen if you search them (and you are not their friend). I have seen some people that, when you search for them, they only have the very basics displayed (eg Jon only shares certain information with everyone. If you know Jon, add him as a friend on Facebook). I want my listing to be like this and cannot figure out how??

- little lamb. - 11-09-2012 11:25 AM

This isn't really an answer to your question (sorry), but I also would like to know. I hope Facebook gives us a solution!