Twitist Forums
Be HONEST, do people judge others on the amount of facebook friends they have? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook friends (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Be HONEST, do people judge others on the amount of facebook friends they have? (/thread-24700.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Ange - 11-09-2012 11:42 AM

I'm super lame in that case- I only have 3 friends and one of them is my husband!!!

- Jackuthlol - 11-09-2012 11:42 AM

well it depends, most people wont at all but some arrogant idiots would

- Kairi - 11-09-2012 11:42 AM

No facebook isn't myspace. Facebook is literally for your friends, not for random people to add. I was listening to something about this on the radio the other day and they had callers that say they try and stay away from people with over 100 friends because they just are either looking to sleep around or don't even know the people. An average person can only honestly be friends with 165 people total. So...

- bleckie - 11-09-2012 11:42 AM

Yes (unfortunately) it is.

Sometimes people will add people they dont even know that goes to a different school just so that they can look cooler.

Example: I have 259 friends on facebook. About 100 of them I actually know the rest just added me because I knew the people that they knew.

Its pathetic how people are so starved to be "cool"

- Kevin - 11-09-2012 11:42 AM

the amount of friends you have on your facebook dosen't make you look cool. I know a guy at my school that adds everyone hes made eye contact with pretty much and he has 700friends on facebook...I wouldnt consider him in ANY way attractive but there aren't many people that deny friend requests.

- Adlehyde Adams - 11-09-2012 11:42 AM

Hmmm... I personally think that a person with more that 400 friends must be desperate cuz he probably has (neighbors/collegues/mail man) a bunch of people he doesn't even know just to make believe he has a lot of friends.
A person with 200 has "real" friends, and therefore, not so interested in show up so much

- gwennthered - 11-09-2012 11:42 AM

Some probably do judge. If so, it is kinda weird because while some FB users may actually know those hundreds of people, a lot don't. I've got friends with 500 FB friends just because they play Mafia Wars. They don't even know half of those people, they just want a bigger mafia.

- happyhippee97 - 11-09-2012 11:42 AM

of course!

- § gamer & more § - 11-09-2012 11:42 AM

i don't even use facebook. less drama, no "well she put this on mine then i put this then he said" type stuff.

- loobypink - 11-09-2012 11:42 AM

most likely. i get strange looks when i say ive only got one hundred or something. which is sort of lame i know. (both the people who think like that and my amound of facebook contacts.) but really what does it matter about how many peoples names you have on a list in cyberspace? i mean it doesn't really do anything does it?