Twitist Forums
Be HONEST, do people judge others on the amount of facebook friends they have? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook friends (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Be HONEST, do people judge others on the amount of facebook friends they have? (/thread-24700.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- vrrJT3 - 11-09-2012 11:42 AM

Unless the person is a public figure or radio personality or something like that, I think the person is insecure when they add more than about 250 friends. I look at it like the more friends they have on facebook, the less of a real life they have. So, under 100 friends would be totally cool with me.

- Tatty - 11-09-2012 11:42 AM

Yes.
Unless they have people who they really don't know, I would say 500+ friends as just sociable. For example, I have three-hundred-and-something friends, a lot of them I wouldn't make the effort to talk to, but I talk to a fair amount of them. I add people and people add me if we've just met, and I've also become closer to people through facebook. Someone I saw today, a friend of a friend, has 800 friends. I think they're a popular person, and I would say, a fair amount of them, they probably do know.
Having people on your friends list is increased even more if you go to school/college, because you'll have a lot of acquaintances on there as well.

But on the other hand, a close friend doesn't have Facebook at all, and is one of the most popular people I know.
If someone has 45 friends, I probably would judge them as unpopular, yes. But I wouldn't hate them for it, or anything! Maybe they'd just joined.

- ~sweet drmz~ - 11-09-2012 11:42 AM

I hope not, because that's just stupid--how many "friends" you have on facebook doesn't say anything about you, and then in a way it does. You can kind of judge someone just by how many facebook friends they have--it can go both ways. If you have under 100, people assume you're not really popular/you're a geek/ loser/ you don't have that many friends in real life. But then you're actually keeping a minimum of people you actually KNOW well enough. If you have at least 400, people will know that you can't possibly be friends with all of those people in real life, but you must be popular or well known/liked in real life to add so many people. But you're still looked at as someone who may only care about how many "aquaintances" they know.

I don't see it as if you have a set number of people your automatically "cool" or "lame" but I think whatever number of people you have definitely says something about yourself. For me, I have at least 250 FB friends--do I seriously "know" all these people like all of them are my best friends--HECK NO! are there people i barely know and add just because they're in my school/college, or are friends with my sister? yea, i have. but i don't add ppl that i seriously have no clue who they are, it's more like "hey I kinda know you, we were friends in elementary school, you're a kid on my bus, lets be friends on FB"

and that's how it is!

- Kris - 11-09-2012 11:42 AM

well the people who hav 400 friends how many do they acc talk too