Twitist Forums
Is it stupid to ask someone out on facebook if their a friend of one of your friends? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook friends (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Is it stupid to ask someone out on facebook if their a friend of one of your friends? (/thread-25295.html)

Is it stupid to ask someone out on facebook if their a friend of one of your friends? - EdwardEdward - 11-09-2012 11:48 AM

I don't know her but she's a friend of one of my friends. I seen her on my friends friends list on Facebook.

- Ebomaniac - 11-09-2012 11:57 AM

dunno

- Elsewhere - 11-09-2012 11:57 AM

Yes, it's always stupid to ask someone out on facebook. It doesn't matter who it is. This girl doesn't know you, she isn't going to go out with you. Ask your friend to introduce you, get to know her, and then see where it goes.

- tish - 11-09-2012 11:57 AM

If by 'stupid' you mean that the chance of her accepting your proposal is slight? Then yes, yes it's stupid.

I'm assuming that the girl doesn't know you, or hasn't met you before. Any sane girl would not simply go out with a guy simply because they have a mutual friend, and because he asked.

My advice would be to add her and talk to her from there through message. Or perhaps you could ask your friend if he/she could introduce the two of you in a set-up meeting? By doing this your chances of dating her would go from slim to some.

Good luck with the girl.