Twitist Forums
Can I change the privacy settings on my facebook status after i posted it? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook privacy (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Can I change the privacy settings on my facebook status after i posted it? (/thread-25718.html)

Can I change the privacy settings on my facebook status after i posted it? - Smilingholiday521 - 11-09-2012 11:59 AM

i posted a status and i accidently put the privacy settings so that certian ppl culdnt see it.. ppl have already commented on it and i do t want to repost it again.. is there a way i can reset the privacy settins so that the ppl i "didnt want to see it" can see it..? thank youu

- bz - 11-09-2012 12:07 PM

I've done everything I could to try that. It's not possible. Sorry.

- Vijay Rathore - 11-09-2012 12:07 PM

ya you can change it!!

- Maulik Bhatt - 11-09-2012 12:07 PM

Right now, that's not possible. But as per news reports, Facebook was supposed to roll out a privacy feature which could allow people to change privacy setting for each individual item like wall post, photo album, comments, status messages, etc. And people will be able to change these settings even after posting the items.
So, wait for a few days. You will be able to make your status message open to others also. News reports said that this features would be launched from 25th August (today) only. So, you might get it after a few hours as well!!