Twitist Forums
Question: What are some ways can lack of Facebook privacy can screw you? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook privacy (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Question: What are some ways can lack of Facebook privacy can screw you? (/thread-25962.html)

Question: What are some ways can lack of Facebook privacy can screw you? - Dwight K Schrute - 11-09-2012 12:05 PM

I think the dangers of Facebook are over hyped. As long as your smart about what you post i really don't see the problem. I set my profile to friends only. And don't show my birthday. And I know facebook can steal information about things you like and use this to send ads your way. But who cares? I don't even look at the ads no matter how interesting they are. Why does it make my life any different? if I like a band and their ads start popping up to the side of my screen it doesn't mean i'm going to go buy their CD and if i do its cause i like them anyway not because Facebook told me to. I really don't care if they have a database on my taste of music. I want people to know my taste of music and movies. And if you did post something you shouldn't of and the wrong person gets a hold of it its not like Facebook posted it...they are your words and you probably should have not wrote them in the first place on a website that can easily become public. (if u don't want to piss off a boss or something)

So what im asking: does facebook actually have a real risk when it comes to privacy? Or are people over analyzing? What are the "real dangers" if any?

- The EggMan - 11-09-2012 12:14 PM

Everything that anyone has put on Facebook, even the private stuff, is circulating the P2P networks as we speak.

And if you've run into the type of people I have in my life, you wouldn't enter a thing.

Just because there is a overabundance of fish, doesn't mean there isn't any sharks.

Just ask any well known celebrity or wealthy person. You can't trust anyone.