Twitist Forums
what does it mean when it says standard messages and data rates may apply? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter abbreviations (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: what does it mean when it says standard messages and data rates may apply? (/thread-285.html)

what does it mean when it says standard messages and data rates may apply? - Lucy - 09-30-2012 06:19 AM

i want to add my phone to twitter and i have unlimited texting. I am wondering if they will charge me if it say standard messages and data rates may apply. On twitter it says "Twitter does not charge for this service. Standard messages and data rates may apply" so should i add it or are they gonna charge me ?

- incandescent - 09-30-2012 06:27 AM

I think that "message" rates means rates for texting, so if you have unlimited texting you should be okay there. And data rates means however much you are charged per megabyte of data transfer (like for downloading videos, or anything else).

I don't know that twitter would add a significant data load, but of course you should check with your own provider if it's a concern. One thing you could do is turn twitter on and then check your own account from your phone and see if you start to accrue extra charges.