Twitist Forums
Is it possible to grow social media followers without external help? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter followers (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Is it possible to grow social media followers without external help? (/thread-28912.html)

Is it possible to grow social media followers without external help? - Jesse Brenele - 11-09-2012 01:19 PM

Thanks for giving time!

I'm looking to grow an 'audience' or atleast followers/numbers (so that it looks good) for my small business - Twitter, FB, Pinterest

But I don't have external start-ups (no real friends/people that can help bring numbers up to buffer an audience)

Being with experience from social networking, what tips or suggestions can I do to start gaining numbers/followers?

Is it content? Making cool videos about our product/cars in youtube? Or can starting a Wordpress blog help..?

Thanks... Top stars to the top answer!

- Smelly Cat - 11-09-2012 01:27 PM

The answer is simple. Sign up and then you start following other folks, don't spam, be helpful whereever you can. You'll get a following.

- Scott - 11-09-2012 01:27 PM

As others have suggested, follow others and start engaging other people with tweets mentioning their @ handle. You'll likely get retweets and more followers that way. You can also join sites like twiends that will get you free followers as well.

- Noah - 11-09-2012 01:27 PM

Get on every social media outlet you'd like to, and start friending/following others. They will follow you back.
I've found it to be rewarding to actually check out their page/post/tweet and make a "real" comment, then ask them to follow you. I've had a great success rate with this, although, it does take time!