Twitist Forums
I noticed ads tailored to proposing on my boyfriend's Facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook ads (/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: I noticed ads tailored to proposing on my boyfriend's Facebook? (/thread-29103.html)

I noticed ads tailored to proposing on my boyfriend's Facebook? - Linuxfingers - 11-09-2012 01:24 PM

I have noticed that over the last month just in passing that there are ads about engagement rings and proposing all over his Facebook on the sides. I know these are tailored to browsing history, Is this an indicator to his thoughts about the subject?
My sister has them and she's 16 and single...

- Cybi - 11-09-2012 01:33 PM

Aren't those adds usually attached to your current relationship statuses on FB? I don't think they have anything to do with his search history.

Example, when I was engaged, I had side ads about getting married and wedding planning. As soon as I changed my status to "married" I started recieiving side ads about buying our first home or becoming a mommy. A young man in a relationship, they assume that engagement is coming next. Hence the ads are pandering to his relationship status/age/sex/region of residence/school.