Twitist Forums
Not responding to my Facebook friend request? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook friends (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Not responding to my Facebook friend request? (/thread-29425.html)

Not responding to my Facebook friend request? - Olivia - 11-09-2012 01:34 PM

Hi everyone,
Over the last few months I have become good friends with a guy from my town. I think this guy has an innocent minor crush on me but has a girlfriend so nothing would ever come of it. He is a good guy so I think it is just a situation of can't help how he feels but would never act upon it - neither
would I so it is basically just friends with tension!!

However, I never really bothered adding him to Facebook because I never really request anyone and I see him all the time so it never made a difference. Recently I moved interstate for work and parting ways he said to me "friend me on Facebook". Thinking nothing of it a few days later I just friend requested him.

The thing is he hasn't accepted my friend request yet. It's been like 2 weeks. Initially I thought he just never checked his notifications or logged into Facebook. So tonight I stalked his Facebook to see if he had done any updates etc and I see he has accepted a friend request from some random but hasn't accepted mine yet.. What gives?
I see what you are all saying....I am logical about this. I just thought it was weird that he specifically told me as I was leaving town to friend him on Facebook and then when I do he never accepts. Anyway, I will just leave the friendship to die. He was definitely in the friend zone, I wasn't trying to start anything with him he was someone I would refer to as a good friend, someone you would usually have on Facebook. Anyway, that's life.

- Sup - 11-09-2012 01:42 PM

Well, could be a lot of reasons. Maybe he just doesn't want to accept it. Maybe he accidentally denied it. Maybe you didn't actually press send.

- Beth - 11-09-2012 01:42 PM

resend it or it mite be because of his girlfriend