Twitist Forums
On facebook i would get a photo added of me and its a pair of shoes, why would i get these notifications? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook friends (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: On facebook i would get a photo added of me and its a pair of shoes, why would i get these notifications? (/thread-29877.html)

On facebook i would get a photo added of me and its a pair of shoes, why would i get these notifications? - Paul - 11-09-2012 01:47 PM

I have Facebook on my iPod and when I get a new notification it says "(my friends name) added a photo of you", and when I view it, it shows a picture of shoes and a discount price on them. Are they sending me this or what. Like is this something that person sends me or is it something else.

- Daisy - 11-09-2012 01:55 PM

It's most likely a page that you liked in the past before they became actual pages. Just unlike it or unsubscribe the page.

- abraXus - 11-09-2012 01:55 PM

your friends added a spammy app, probably one of those "remove timeline" or "see who views your profile" apps (apps can get added by visiting a malicious facebook fan page)

then the malicious app goes to work, posting as the person, and tagging as many friends as it can in order to advertise - it's spam - your friend needs to remove the app to stop this from happening, but until then, just untag yourself from the picture

- ThePrincess - 11-09-2012 01:55 PM

It's because they tagged you in their photo ! Tell them to untag you if you don't want these kind of pictures .