Twitist Forums
Should I let my kids on twitter? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter privacy (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Should I let my kids on twitter? (/thread-30001.html)

Pages: 1 2

Should I let my kids on twitter? - Anna - 11-09-2012 04:29 PM

They are 14 and 12. My 15 year old already has one. They both are pushing me to get a social network. Should I let them?

- Chewbacca - 11-09-2012 04:38 PM

If you trust them.

- Taylor - 11-09-2012 04:38 PM

Yes this is what teens do , give them some slack
But the 12, year old should stick to texing and fb

- Matt - 11-09-2012 04:38 PM

Twitter is ok I say Facebook I better for kids since there's games but let them just don't let them trust the man in the big white van

- G.M.L - 11-09-2012 04:38 PM

well sweetie u cant keep them from it.. if u dont allow them than they might jst open one with out u noticing... twiter is no harm...there r more perves in pages like club penguin my little sister-inlaw met a boy there she was 9 n he said he was like 10 asked her to chat n than go on msn n tourn on his cam with his u know what out... i was next to her n didnt really see that comming i got so scared.. danger is everywhere just teach them not to talk to total stranger n thats it.. i should have payed more attention to was she was really doing on the computer in her room.

- Emily - 11-09-2012 04:38 PM

Do you trust them? I would let them but make sure that you have their account information so you can check to make sure they are not doing anything inapropriate. But make sure that the 12 year old and maybe even the 14 year old can't post pics of themselves onto the web.

- Belle - 11-09-2012 04:38 PM

My dad let me have facebook, twitter, email the whole 9 yards but he had the passwords to them all and was allowed to check them when ever. If i abused it i lost it

- Matthew - 11-09-2012 04:38 PM

They will find a way regardless of you letting them, trust me I'm a teen I speak from experience.

- Syrah - 11-09-2012 04:38 PM

Yes, otherwise they are going to feel left out and angry. Make them give you their password, monitor the account everyday if you feel it's necessary, and keep them away from inappropriate things. Make sure to let them know that the social network is a privilege, not a right, and can be taken away at any time.

- raspyObserver565 - 11-09-2012 04:38 PM

It's up to you. If you do decide to do that, monitor their activity.