Twitist Forums
Would you ever visit a foreign country to meet up with a person you met over internet? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Would you ever visit a foreign country to meet up with a person you met over internet? (/thread-30068.html)

Would you ever visit a foreign country to meet up with a person you met over internet? - trouble - 11-09-2012 04:32 PM

My brother met a really nice girl over Facebook. They exchanged pics and been talking for over a year. Now to wants to visit US to see her. They did background checks on each other and everything. Is it a good idea? Would you do it? what if they end up liking each other but live in different countries?

- Kandiee - 11-09-2012 04:40 PM

Not to sure , I had a bad experience and was caught up in that
"Nigerian Scam Thing" , Thank god I never met up with him ..
But if background checks were done and they have been talking
for so long , who knows perhaps this is the real thing ..
Tell him Good Luck !

- sandra - 11-09-2012 04:40 PM

Background checks do not always reveal much unless done by an agency or professional and not the internet. If they have been talking for over a year it is reasonable to assume they already like each other. Why don't they try both leaving common ground and meeting somewhere say like a cruise where they can devote all their time getting to know each other face to face without intrusion.

- snowyshinydays - 11-09-2012 04:40 PM

No, too dangerous