Twitist Forums
What's the psychology behind hurt feelings/loss of friends in Facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: What's the psychology behind hurt feelings/loss of friends in Facebook? (/thread-30571.html)

What's the psychology behind hurt feelings/loss of friends in Facebook? - QBert James Creed - 11-09-2012 04:51 PM

I have two younger sisters that are constantly having a fit over FB statuses etc. They've even lost real life friends over FB crap. What is it about Facebook that gets some people so wound up?

- chalko - 11-09-2012 04:59 PM

They have no real social life besides when they are on facebook.

- Jade - 11-09-2012 04:59 PM

They have no social life, FB is so intergrated in their world that it IS their world, they're addicted, they're obsessed with reputations, yeah...

- Cokacola - 11-09-2012 04:59 PM

its like texting. any communication. its become a digital society. it is a way to "indirectly" say what you want without the physical judging. thats my guess. its an easy way to hide behind words and being a "facebook gangster" those are all the losers who have no balls to say it to my face, but act cool on FB. its sad. really it is.

- anon - 11-09-2012 04:59 PM

Cos school kids think the latest trends are the most important thing in the world.

- Donnybaby - 11-09-2012 04:59 PM

Hurt feelings...losing friends? Over Facebook? Sounds like these gals have no real life. Communicating on Facebook only imitates life. To a great degree, Facebook people are only a fantasy. If they're so upset about what they see there, then close their access down. Or at least tell your parents about what's going on.
Donny (Life Coach)