Twitist Forums
What is facebook??????? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter privacy (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: What is facebook??????? (/thread-30745.html)

What is facebook??????? - hayduh - 11-09-2012 04:57 PM

stupid question, i know. I dont really want to make one. I was just wondering. I have a twitter. I am not allowed to have a myspace. Is facebook any safer than myspace?

- Julia <3 ! - 11-09-2012 05:05 PM

I believe Facebook is a bit safer than Myspace, but remember: whatever you put on the internet is NOT private. More people are getting facebooks too.
=)

- Chris G - 11-09-2012 05:05 PM

No safer.  It's all about how much of your personal information you put out there.

- Joshua B. - 11-09-2012 05:05 PM

Yes, it, in a way, is cleaner (in appearance), faster, and safe. You can do what you can do on myspace, but much more. It all depends on how safe you make your profile. You can set it so that your friend's freinds can see your profile, or only your friends. You can even have it so that only certain friends can see your profile. Overall, it is a better social networking website, especailly because myspace is becoming old news.

- paaaiigeeee (: - 11-09-2012 05:05 PM

a little bit but nothing much .
i have a myspace and its nt tht bad.

- flathoney755 - 11-09-2012 05:05 PM

yes and no...
no profile cuztomizations

- skv77 - 11-09-2012 05:05 PM

I'm guessing you're young. You can't have a myspace or a facebook account under 13. I don't know much about myspace. With facebook, you have to grant people permission if they request to add you.

It is safe, IF it is used properly. Thats the point about most of these social and chat websites.

As long as you are only adding people you know, and only allowing your information to be viewed by people you know, then its perfectly fine. You run in to a danger zone, if you're adding random people, or chatting to people you don't know.

To create an account you go to facebook dot com. Then once you have an account, you can add friends (and remember ONLY add friends, not strangers - don't add people because your friends did, or because they go to your school, or you think you may know them - only add people who you recognise and know and are friends with).

Go to the Settings > Privacy Settings > Profile
and make sure you set everything to only be viewable by your friends.
Do the same for Settings > Privacy Settings > Search ---- make sure you DO NOT check the box 'create a public listing'

- Jordan - 11-09-2012 05:05 PM

no. an yea. like mysapce better

- hi-c - 11-09-2012 05:05 PM

if you put your name and/or picture online then no. you're inviting strangers into your life.