Twitist Forums
How do I access my deceased father's account to close it? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: How do I access my deceased father's account to close it? (/thread-30801.html)

How do I access my deceased father's account to close it? - RedneckGypsyLass76 - 11-09-2012 04:59 PM

My father passed away and I am needing to access his account to close it. He also had myspace and facebook, which his info it tied to his account. His facebook account has been hacked and I am wanting to get it taken care of, but can't without his passwords, which are in his yahoo email account.

- peepoo :D - 11-09-2012 05:08 PM

contact customer service, they'll probably need some proof of this and once you provide it i don't see why they wouldn't grant you access to his accounts.

- Port Elliott, SA - 11-09-2012 05:08 PM

He will never use it again so you do not need to close it. As far as I know there is no way to do this anyway.

My condolences for your loss.

- alex h - 11-09-2012 05:08 PM

Contact customer service at the bank and the executor of his will and/or estate (unless of course that's you). There are a variety of legal issues that I'm sure you'll have wade through before they give you access to the account. If you're not authorized to assume responsibility of that part of his estate then, unfortunately, you'll have to go through whoever is. To prove you're his next of kin you might also need a certificate of birth or your social security card.

Sorry for your loss, and best of luck with the legal details.