Twitist Forums
Teens: Will you friend your parents on Facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Teens: Will you friend your parents on Facebook? (/thread-30907.html)

Pages: 1 2

Teens: Will you friend your parents on Facebook? - VN - 11-09-2012 05:03 PM

Will you accept friend requests from your parents and other (older) relatives on Facebook?! Will you?! Won't you have to be extra careful about what you post?!

- JG - 11-09-2012 05:12 PM

I am friends with my mom and some older relatives. I really have nothing to hide. If there is something that I want to post that I do not want them to see, then it is easy to limit the post to who you really want to see it.

- Kendra - 11-09-2012 05:12 PM

Yeah, I do
but if I post something and I don't care for them to see
I just go to the button on the top right corner of the post box and click "Custom" and in the box that says "Hide this post from these people" I type in my parents name or anyone else I don't want to see the post and there you have it! They won't see the post. like magic.

- nia - 11-09-2012 05:12 PM

I use to have my mum on my facebook but I deleted her. Because she lives with me and she really has no need to be on my facebook. But I do have some family members on there because they live far away. If I don't want them to see something then I custom it so they can't see it.

You can also do as my friend did and open 2 facebook acounts, one for family and one for you and your friends with no family Smile

- MJP - 11-09-2012 05:12 PM

I would have no problem with it but my parents don't use Facebook. I do have two of my aunts on Facebook though.

- Amber<3 Tylor - 11-09-2012 05:12 PM

Yup. I'm friends with my stepmom and my dad. But I block certain things from them. I don't want them commenting on every single thing, especially since I moved out.

- LOVE AND HAPPINESS - 11-09-2012 05:12 PM

I deleted my mom she got offended by every post and commented everything

- ThinkPad - 11-09-2012 05:12 PM

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss

- Kathy - 11-09-2012 05:12 PM

yeah i have my mom and my aunt on facebook. i try not to curse but thats about it. even if i didnt have then as friends i wouldn't post anything dumb

- Kirstie♥ - 11-09-2012 05:12 PM

I don't swear much on facebook anyway, so I'm fine to have my mum on acebook. She knows when I go out and stuff so she knows what all the pictures are...