Twitist Forums
How to tell parents I have a girlfriend? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: How to tell parents I have a girlfriend? (/thread-31083.html)

How to tell parents I have a girlfriend? - Jazza - 11-09-2012 05:11 PM

I'm 15 and have a girlfriend. They will see on facebook if I change my relationship status and I can't delete them.
So what do I do

Thanks

- QUEEN OF GOTH - 11-09-2012 05:19 PM

sit down with them. and tell them like a adult.

- Why Not? - 11-09-2012 05:19 PM

Tell them you're going out on a date with your girlfriend and they will be shocked but let that sink in. Better to tell them in person.



- Ditto T - 11-09-2012 05:19 PM

You can actually go into your privacy settings and make it so they cannot see your relationship status.
and as for how to tell them " Hey mom remember that cute girl I always talk about?... Yeah her, well I asked her out today, and she said yes.."
Or something along those lines, just make it casual, and act like it isn't a big deal.

- John Mandella - 11-09-2012 05:19 PM

You need to ask yourself why this is a problem before telling them.

- Sweetheart Smith - 11-09-2012 05:19 PM

Let them know.

You are definitely at an age where this should be expected by your parents.

Good luck!

- Pilar Muhammad - 11-09-2012 05:19 PM

When you go on a date bring her by your house before or afterwords and let her meet you parents. I'm sure they would thank you for telling them.

- Hmmmmmmm - 11-09-2012 05:19 PM

Just tell them? Not that hard broski

- Rachel W - 11-09-2012 05:19 PM

how long u start with her? sit down with your parent at free time or after dinner, explain to them that u have a girlfriend, why. how. and what is ur plans for that, u need to have a good explain for u r parents, otherwise it will be screw up, ask them what they think about u have a girlfriend. if they are not angry with it, and u can free to continue explain , of course it might take an hour or 2 to explain! lol, depend how ur parents reaction...