Twitist Forums
How to convince your parents into letting you get a Facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: How to convince your parents into letting you get a Facebook? (/thread-31451.html)

How to convince your parents into letting you get a Facebook? - Carly Des - 11-09-2012 05:27 PM

Okay. Well I'm over 13, and my parents won't let me get a Facebook. About 90% of my grade has one and i don't see why not. I'm a responsible kid and I get good grades. My mom says I have plenty of time for social networking sites when I'm older but I want one! I wouldn't EVER write something I would regret saying or add anyone I didn't know personally. She also says I'm on the computer too much anyway. Please help me on what to say! Thanks(:

- Mitten Magic - 11-09-2012 05:35 PM

face book is not worth it will steal your soul.

- globeweasel - 11-09-2012 05:35 PM

prove to them you know about all the malware , bugs and perverts and how you can avoid all that and more. not to mention the spam you will get from facebook or strange people in it.

- Mercuri - 11-09-2012 05:35 PM

Don't make promises you can't keep. You would NEVER say something you would regret? EVER? Even if you think it's fine now, maybe in 5 years you'll look back and be like "OMG! I was so stupid!"

Anyway, it sounds like you spend a lot of time on your computer and getting a Facebook would only encourage you to stay on the computer longer. Perhaps you should do other non-computer things so your mom doesn't see it as you using the computer more?

- dannyboy2111 - 11-09-2012 05:35 PM

Tell your Parents you will be Safe and that you wont do anything unsafe and that there are tons of privacy settings on facebook that will keep your information private

- ME! - 11-09-2012 05:35 PM

Well, even though my mother will not let me get one, I have a couple FUNNY, but good ideas...
they might like you doing this..LOLZIEZ.
you could:
_write a persuasive paragraph (what were going in english...SUCKS..but maybe you could use it for EXTRA CREDIT for English AFTER you give it 2 ur mom..'lol..
_make a POWERPOINT about all of the reasons that you deserve one...
_beg them on ur knees until dey say yes...BUT that might make dem say NAWT UNTIL UR 18.

PS wen u ask dem..tell dem de reasons dat u r mature....say wat u said ^^ n MAYB, jus MAYB u cud say i wil only stay on da computer for dis long ____

dose are a couple gud ideassssSmile