Twitist Forums
How do I stop getting notifications from people poking me? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook notifications (/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: How do I stop getting notifications from people poking me? (/thread-31618.html)

How do I stop getting notifications from people poking me? - Jacob - 11-09-2012 05:33 PM

Now, whenever someone pokes me (on Facebook), I get a notification on my screen about that person poking me.

I poke around 90 people. Which makes a LOT of notifications. And I want to stop them from coming to me!

HOW!?

Thanks!

- Alzorg - 11-09-2012 05:41 PM

don't poke them back, it sends a message

- Gentlemenpail423 - 11-09-2012 05:41 PM

Well jus dont poke back lol

- Vow. - 11-09-2012 05:41 PM

I have the same problem but sorry to say, I have not solved that problem, yet..
but I only poke 5 people a day, I'm at a poking battle with them so I won't stop even though the notification frustrates me A LOT.
I think there isn't a way to disable it, so you only have one solution; to stop poking so many people.

- Zel - 11-09-2012 05:41 PM

Go to account settings, then apps. If you have the 'superpoke' app, remove it. You will still get the pokes on the side bar, but no notifications

- zie016 - 11-09-2012 05:41 PM

You cannot disable this new Facebook feature yet. I will update my answer when there is a way to fix this problem.

- Mash - 11-09-2012 05:41 PM

go to notifications under account settings on facebook. un-check the box that says Email Frequency

Scroll down until you see the "all notifications" settings tab. click edit for the one that says "Facebook" uncheck the box that says something like "when someone pokes you"

save changes and you are donee!! Big Grin

cheers!