Twitist Forums
Why do Conservatives feel the need to lie about British and Canadian healthcare? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter abbreviations (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Why do Conservatives feel the need to lie about British and Canadian healthcare? (/thread-32055.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Carol A - 11-09-2012 05:57 PM

Thank you for providing the link that will provide proof to the baseless lies being promulgated by the for-profit insurance companies and their lobbyist firms, who are the only entities that will egregiously benefit from the health care status quo.

It appears the original author, who used Hawking as a symbol for the party-of-no's message, evidently provided no sense of logic that the fact is the brilliant scientist has enjoyed Britain's national health care since the 1940's. The author should not have relied on Dr. Hawkings' mechanical device for speaking, which utilizes the Americanized version of English (not his native British accent).

http://www.prwatch.org/node/8467

- Iwalkeverywhere - 11-09-2012 05:57 PM

Some of them are lying and some of them don't know any better and just repeat what they are told.

- callenqhranch - 11-09-2012 05:57 PM

Stephen Hawking, give me a break...if he were anyone but who he is they would not have given him the time of day. The rich and famous are always bumped to the head of the line.

Just like in school the popular always cut ahead of the dweebs.

Nothing changes. Just the faces.

I have met people from all over the world in my journeys within the US; and not once have I heard anyone say leave America and go to England, Canada, Sweden, Holland, Russia, India, etc for your treatment, they all come here who can afford the fare to America.

Reality check folks go to any major hospital, i.e. St. Luke's Hospital, Houston, Texas; Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas, Bethesda Hospital, Maryland, Chicago, LA, San Francisco at any of these hospitals you will find foreign citizens and dignitaries receiving treatment, who came to America for the sole purpose of treatment.