Twitist Forums
Isn't it pathetic for a 26 year old mother to live at home with her parents? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Isn't it pathetic for a 26 year old mother to live at home with her parents? (/thread-32245.html)

Pages: 1 2

Isn't it pathetic for a 26 year old mother to live at home with her parents? - Jen - 11-09-2012 05:55 PM

She expects our parents to look after her kids while she sits around all day on Facebook. She doesn't pay rent or help around the house. She's NEVER had her own place or done normal things like pay bills . She's like a teenager. Why do my parents put up with it? They complain all the time to me but never do anything about her.

- Rusko Kuro - 11-09-2012 06:04 PM

Yes it is very bad, and they should kick her out, i feel sorry for her kids tho

- BILL - 11-09-2012 06:04 PM

Where is/are the father(s) of those kids? Do they even pay child support? If the parents don't tell her to get a job or move out, there isn't much that you can do about it.

- Ramon C - 11-09-2012 06:04 PM

I take this person is your sister and that you are concerned about your parents. Unfortunately, there is little you can do. This happens all to often as young girls get themselves into situations ill prepared and with little judgment. So, you need to move out yourself as soon as you can, realize that there is little you can do, and move on with your life. I had an older sister addicted to alcohol. I had my father addicted to alcohol and went thru much pain and suffering. I went to college. Got a degree, got a job and left to live my own life. Your sister is like an addict and you cannot affect changes to her behaviour. Neither can your parents unless they take positive action. Sorry about your situation. But you can only help yourself. Live your life and help your parents to the best of your ability. They will love you more for your efforts. Best of luck in life.

- Adrian - 11-09-2012 06:04 PM

Put some oranges in a sock and beat her with it.

- Mackenzie - 11-09-2012 06:04 PM

I wouldn't say just living with parents is pathetic; things happen in life.

But any parent who does not take responsibility for their children-- yeah, that's sad.

Your parents enable her. So they're going to have to deal with it.

- massivevoyage598 - 11-09-2012 06:04 PM

It isn't.If she can't afford to get a flat,then she still has to live with her parents.After all,in Singapore,the housing costs have gone up in recent years.As for childcare,I think she obviously lacks the parenting skills to be a mom.She would benefit from parenting classes,in my opinion.If she has 2 or more sons,then I wish her parents good luck,as they would have to deal with rambunctious kids daily.

- ? - 11-09-2012 06:04 PM

I'm watching an episode of Supernanny US right now and that's exactly the situation on there - 25 yr old woman just leaving her parents to do all the work with her kids Undecided

- Jenny - 11-09-2012 06:04 PM

Your parents are enablers... They might mean well but they are crippling her by not expecting more out of her. Why do they put up with it? On some level, it made them feel good to be "needed." Now, things have gotten out of hand and they don't know how to rectify the situation without risking that their grandkids end up living in the street.

Find out resources available to your sister. Make a list and show it to your parents. Let them know that they are enablers and that they are holding their own child back from becoming independent. They are hurting her. It's like giving money to a drug addict. It's time to kick the kid out of the nest and let her learn how to fly. Your parents won't be around forever to help her out...

- Artie Lange Fan - 11-09-2012 06:04 PM

Because your parents allow it, probably because they feel bad for the kids and don't want them to be homeless.

However, as long as the parents continue to enable her she will remain this way forever and likely never pay bills or keep a job. She will likely become a 40 year old who has never had a place or paid bills.