Twitist Forums
Why do mothers go out partying and drinking? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Why do mothers go out partying and drinking? (/thread-32760.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Why do mothers go out partying and drinking? - Poppy - 11-09-2012 06:15 PM

Why do so many of my female friends insist on going out at weekends to get totally drunk, and announce it on facebook. It annoys me how they can leave their children at home with their partners to go out boozing. these women i know are in there 30's dont you think they should be past all that? my mother would never anounce that on facebook and she never drinks, i would be embarrassed if my mum did that. why cant they stay at home and relax with a glass of wine.

- Luli - 11-09-2012 06:23 PM

Just because you are a parent doesn't mean your social life is over.

- deafeningbrain505 - 11-09-2012 06:23 PM

because they still have a life, not everyone sits and home and be's a perfect example. you have to live your life. 30's not even old, Belive it or not some people do actually have a life past 30.

- keith watson - 11-09-2012 06:23 PM

Because they probably spend every day dealing with there children and need a break here and there. You realize that children now tend to be totally self absorbent brats with no feelings of gratitude toward there loving and caring parents?

- Caboose - 11-09-2012 06:23 PM

To get away from her worries of motherhood and feel like 20-years old

- lyricaldream - 11-09-2012 06:23 PM

Just because you have kids doesn't mean you can't go out and have a good time with your friends!

- deathbinkyrules - 11-09-2012 06:23 PM

because these days mums arent like they were when we were little when being a mum meant being there all the time and being content, they are told through the media etc that they can have it all, meaning they can have their children and still have the life they had before. It is considered old fashioned to be happy to just spend time with your husband/partner and children, to want to stay at home and bring them up yourselves. Personally I go out alone about twice a year, it has gone up from once a year, and my children are now teenagers, and I been happy like that, Ive just turned 40 and been a single mum for most of it, I found them enough

- misantropology - 11-09-2012 06:23 PM

My wife stays at home with our daughter 6 out of 7 days while I'm out working. I personally have no problem with her going out (as she did last night) to hang out with her friends and have a good time at a club. Why should she feel embarrassed to have an enjoyable evening out? And what does it matter if she drinks while she's out? She is an adult and can make her own decisions. She woke up in the morning, made breakfast, talked about her night, and was happy. Why would you deny her that?

I noticed that you didn't say anything about all the guys posting pics of themselves out drinking... what's with the double standard?

- Pernicious - 11-09-2012 06:23 PM

Because they're mothers.... they need a break too. It just means that they want a night out with friends, away from their children and husband/wife. It's normal. I wouldn't worry about it. (:

- Selena - 11-09-2012 06:23 PM

because their grown woman and they can do whatever they please.