Twitist Forums
Is it illegal to post a private chat conversation in a public blog or site? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Is it illegal to post a private chat conversation in a public blog or site? (/thread-32827.html)

Is it illegal to post a private chat conversation in a public blog or site? - Jasper - 11-09-2012 06:17 PM

I had a private chat conversation on Facebook, but I want to share it to the whole world in a website. The other person doesn't want me to post that conversation, but I want to. Is that legal in the US?

- JackBond - 11-09-2012 06:25 PM

Free speech.

- BlueW - 11-09-2012 06:25 PM

1st Amendment.

God, people think the weirdest things are illegal...

- fun-chatter - 11-09-2012 06:25 PM

legal i have no idea im not in the US, moral well that's a whole new box of tricks, the other person had a PRIVATE conversation with you and has asked that you DONT post it on a blog, think about it this way, your mum wants to share a private conversation that you had with her about your brother/sister/great aunt betty bed wetting/picking her nose in church/telling uncle burt hes a drunk the conversation wasn't a nice one yet she wants to post it on her blog you ask her not to but she does it anyway, how would you feel?