Twitist Forums
How to keep a child from continually cussing? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: How to keep a child from continually cussing? (/thread-32918.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Fekona - 11-09-2012 06:29 PM

maybe she needs to find the source, is she cussing? if she is maybe she needs to stop and be a role model if she is not the source she needs to stop whatever is exposing the kids to it

- Richard T - 11-09-2012 06:29 PM

Take something away from them that they like to play with, or make them have time out every time they cuss. or both.

- Sean Heeger - 11-09-2012 06:29 PM

Try redirecting. For example. My boy would say "Jesus Christ" and I would correct him by saying " Jesus Christ Loves me".

- dburg143 - 11-09-2012 06:29 PM

That kid didn't just make those words up, so maybe mommy shouldn't use that language if she doesn't want the kids to.

I thought my 2 year old was cussing one day, but he was saying "clock" lol

- Big Frank - 11-09-2012 06:29 PM

Liquid soap...much worse, then just start takin stuff away.Tell them it is tv and music that makes them talk bad so they need to be without it for a while, they will get bored enough to stop.

- yoka s - 11-09-2012 06:29 PM

tell her to use the guuilt trip and if that doesnt work tell them that its impolite to swear infront of people its even illegal to do so in public. its inevitablee and they will soon grow out of it...just dont resort to physical violence becsause that just makes it worse

- Beautiful - 11-09-2012 06:29 PM

Well, I don't think that slapping them will help..But, I think if she keeps reminding the child that it's not a good word to say, and continually punish them by taking priviledges away but just instill in them that its a bad word and hope for the best!!!
Good lucck...
"Spare the rod spoil the child"

- Katie - 11-09-2012 06:29 PM

If the child is four years old I don't think he/she really knows how offensive it can be to somebody. I believe the more you try to constrict a child from something the more likely they'll want to rebel. This is tough though, because she wouldn't want them to curse in front of family, friends, or strangers! I guess she needs to make sure she doesn't curse in front of them. I don't know if she does or not. Well, she could always replace the words with something less harsh? I'm not sure, I don't have kids.

- Diamond Dragon - 11-09-2012 06:29 PM

an insta-slap.....

no explanations...say nothing.....if they keep cussing...keep insta-slapping....you know the kind....so sudden and forceful it makes you dizzy to get one.....

that should shut the kid up pronto.....

- Matthew - 11-09-2012 06:29 PM

Take toys away and say it's permanent, no more dessert, intense chores...Idk that's what I'd do besides what your friend has already done...I'm only 15 so I don't REALLY know but that might help Smile