Twitist Forums
How to keep a child from continually cussing? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: How to keep a child from continually cussing? (/thread-32918.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- squaredaughter553 - 11-09-2012 06:29 PM

At 4 years old they're too young to really understand why it's wrong, so just focus on telling them off when it happens, and make sure not to swear around them. Once they're older, they'll be able to better understand why it isn't appropriate to swear.

- ruddy_scot - 11-09-2012 06:29 PM

Getting abusive isn't going to teach a kid anything and doesn't deal with the actual problem, just creates new ones. Instead of hurting them with soap and physical abuse they need to be told exactly what is wrong with cussing and why they aren't to do it. For instance, they are naughty words that hurt people's feelings and Mommy isn't raising you to be bullies. Give them other words to use instead, one little girl I babysat for used to yell out Fish Sticks and Tartar Sauce! when she was frustrated (learned it from Spongebob). Kids are allowed to be frustrated and angry but it's not appropriate for anyone to use that kind of language. Mom and Dad need to make sure they are checking the expletives at the front door, too.

- ♥Christina♥ - 11-09-2012 06:29 PM

six words
dont cuss in front of them

- pink flowerxo - 11-09-2012 06:29 PM

I used to cuss a lot...
you can put soap in their mouth and give them a spank..
lol..i used to get scared when my parents treatend me that if i cussed at my brother- 18 year old - one more time id get in big trouble(a beating)...so i was scared to say it in front of them
- i cursed at him because he gave me a bigg temper and annoys me soo much
he doesnt bother me that much b/c hes at school at lot and does sports Smile
idk why or how but now bein 14 i stopped a lot..if i manage to cuss i say fudge or crash instead ..its weird and idk why i say that instead but its better than saying the f word,etc...

- akatsy32 - 11-09-2012 06:29 PM

being a young teenager i Always saw that most of the time when we curse we don't mean the definition seriously

- family person - 11-09-2012 06:29 PM

SLAP SLAP SLAP SLAP SLAP SLAP SLAP SLAP!!!!!!!!!

- TC - 11-09-2012 06:29 PM

what does he like in toys,food and playtime?get a jar for coins and make a deal. every day no cussing in goes .25 the day of cussing out comes .25. by the way start the jar with 8 quarters to see his reaction if it impresses him then start the game. when a month goes by he can buy something with the money. lots of money nicer toy.little change cheap gift

- saxophonist 26 - 11-09-2012 06:29 PM

set a good example for him.

charge him $3.00 for every cuss word he says.

tell their parents.

duct tape his/her mouth for 4 hours.

shave his/her head (NO, don't do this unless the cussing's REALLY out of hand! please don't even consider bothering with this. too much torture).

pinch his/her cheeks together hard.

idk