Twitist Forums
Do you think it's acceptable to Facebook friend request someone you haven't seen in 10 years? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Do you think it's acceptable to Facebook friend request someone you haven't seen in 10 years? (/thread-33930.html)

Do you think it's acceptable to Facebook friend request someone you haven't seen in 10 years? - scout - 11-09-2012 06:58 PM

I just found someone I used to go to elementary school with and I kind of want to. I'm never the one to send requests...I just accept them if I know the person. I honestly don't even know if he'll remember me.

- Lily - 11-09-2012 07:06 PM

If he really and wants to remember

- Sparkle Princess - 11-09-2012 07:06 PM

No. Elementary school was a long time ago. You don't want to look like you've been thinking about this person all your life.

- lazybones - 11-09-2012 07:06 PM

Seeing as FB is not about real in-depth "friendships" go for it. People added me and wouldn't salute me on the street. FB is all about numbers and appearances.

- Purpleflower - 11-09-2012 07:06 PM

Yes, it is acceptable, many people have found long lost relatives using Facebook. The person has the option to either accept you or not, most people will though, some still won't carry on a conversation though. He probably will talk to you, I'm sure.