Twitist Forums
Is it odd to call your cousin cuz or brother bro? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Is it odd to call your cousin cuz or brother bro? (/thread-33952.html)

Is it odd to call your cousin cuz or brother bro? - Bubba - 11-09-2012 06:59 PM

I'm in debate with people about how they advertise on say facebook. For example, why do they have to end the sentence like "Happy Birthday CUZ!" Do you really have to advertise that it is your cousin or your brother or sister. Whats up with that.

- RoseW - 11-09-2012 07:08 PM

No, it's just a fetchy nickname people tend to like. It also adds to the level of their relationship. Like most people would probably say, 'Happy birthday Besty!" to their best friend.

- SuzieCutie - 11-09-2012 07:08 PM

No it is not odd but not everyone does it so it is let's say rare. I perfer to call my siblings by their first names and cousins by the first names also, some people want to shorten it so they say cuz sis and bro. Boys usally say bro to their friends too. It might get confusing but people either do that cause they don't want to write the whole word, or it just became a habit.

- firedup - 11-09-2012 07:08 PM

Not at all, its just their way of personalizing the statement.

- leah16078 - 11-09-2012 07:08 PM

it's just a way of showing affection, status/ relationship, or closeness to the person. my friends and i call each other sisters and stuff like that because we're really close. people that are in the same family will generally have nicknames for each other or will just have inside jokes with them.