Twitist Forums
Do you take it personally if old friends or relatives deny your friend request on Facebook or Myspace? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Do you take it personally if old friends or relatives deny your friend request on Facebook or Myspace? (/thread-34056.html)

Do you take it personally if old friends or relatives deny your friend request on Facebook or Myspace? - noisykiss257 - 11-09-2012 07:03 PM

I do alittle bit but then I'm like oh well it's not a big deal. I had messaged and sent friend requests to old friends on Facebook some did accept and answered my messages and some didn't.

- The Ƨky is ßlue - 11-09-2012 07:11 PM

yes revenge is fun

- maxmom - 11-09-2012 07:11 PM

I don't send too many requests, but I do have people that have requested to friend me that I have either ignored or denied.

The reason is because I don't necessarily want everyone I know to be able to post and send messages.
I know a lot of people, especially some relatives or old school acquaintances that I do not keep in touch with or have anything in common with. I know some of them would bombard my board with political or religious posts.

It's hard enough to keep up with the friends I have on FB.

- ♥ - 11-09-2012 07:11 PM

It can be hard not to take it a little personally when an old friend won't accept me. But it varies for each person. Some people like having the power & choice to be able to deny some, yet accept others. It's kind of liberating to them, you know? Also, sometimes people are very private & only have a select few friends on there. That's their choice, so I guess so be it. Facebook has kind of become a big popularity contest of how many damn friends you can get & I'm fed up with it.. I only add those I am very close to or old friends.. that's it. Because at the end of the day, I don't care if I have 100 or 900 so-called "friends" on there.

- . - 11-09-2012 07:11 PM

yes