Twitist Forums
Can I delete the message I sent to another person on facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Can I delete the message I sent to another person on facebook? (/thread-34366.html)

Pages: 1 2

Can I delete the message I sent to another person on facebook? - DeeMarie - 11-09-2012 07:13 PM

Okay, so I sent a message to someone that I am pretty sure they did not read yet, but I do NOT want them to read it because I made a mistake. Is there any way that I can get the whole message deleted? I tested it with my sisters facebook and she could still see the message in her inbox, even after I deleted it out of my sent messages.

- Billy Moon - 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

Nope, not unless you get onto their account. It will be in their inbox. Sorry x

- Hermonie J - 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

oh god

I dont think so . x

- Wiz - 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

it should erase after about 15 minutes. just hope she doesn't check the page before that.

- megansmurf - 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

no.
you can delete wall posts and stuff.
but inbox messages cannot be deleted after you send them.

answer mine http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AmCCXSvMoZ3AUZnd29khHDPsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20090810114923AAd7308

- Rocsi - 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

No sorry you can't delete a message you sent to someone unless it was your inbox messages hope this helps.

- εṃily ♥ - 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

Sorry, but you actually cannot once the message has been sent, even if deleted from the sent messages box.
The only way to delete it is to go on their account and delete it from there.
Good luck though!

- Hot Mess - 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

no you sent it it's like a e-mail. Be careful what you send
You just deleted the message that you sent out of the messages that you've sent.

- Ryan James - 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

Hello,

Unfortunately there is no possible way to do this. The facebook messaging system was made to act exactly like e-mail, which means that once you send something, the person reads it. The only way would be to hack their account and delete it before they could read it. That's sort of illegal, so sorry, you're out of luck.

If I were you, I would send them another message explaining that you didn't mean the first message, or something of the sort.

In the future, try writing on that person's wall, so that you can delete the posts that you make.

Good luck getting yourself out of this mess.

I hope that I helped.

Ryan James

- Holly - 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

No. How about you just send them another message and tell them you made a mistake?