Twitist Forums
how do i use facebook in moderation? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook notifications (/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: how do i use facebook in moderation? (/thread-34644.html)

how do i use facebook in moderation? - K - 11-09-2012 07:22 PM

I don't want to just deactivate my account, because i honestly enjoy it. There are lots of friends i don't get to see much in person for various reasons, also i see lots of news stories i'd otherwise miss, and it's the only way i keep up to date with concerts and stuff.

But i want to use it in moderation, i want to spend maybe 1 or 2 hours a day on it. But the stupid thing is very much designed to suck me in for the whole day. [great for them in some ways, but if it was possible to use in moderation less people would deactivate?]

anyone got tips? how do i check a few notification at a time, without missing stuff or having old ones stuck at the end of the queue?

The notifications bit is the biggest problem i think. I can't check just a couple of notifications, because that means they all show as read and i miss lots. I don't want to miss responses, but i don't want to have to check all ~40 at once, my phone shows just two at a time and only marks as read the ones that i follow, but it shows most recent first, so if i only use phone, some old ones get stuck at the end of the queue, ideally i'd like to check the oldest first.

- ? - 11-09-2012 07:30 PM

try to only log on 3 times a day and spend only 30 mins each time u log on those 3 times.