Twitist Forums
Is facebook really going to start charging money? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Is facebook really going to start charging money? (/thread-34928.html)

Pages: 1 2

Is facebook really going to start charging money? - Muffin Man - 11-09-2012 07:32 PM

I just read some things about Facebook charging money to use it! Is this true, or just a scam?

- zest - 11-09-2012 07:40 PM

No, facebook is always free to sign up and always will be.

- Phil - 11-09-2012 07:40 PM

common sense would tell you NO

they advertise way!!!!! to much to start charging anything, i know nearly everyone on my friends list who would refuse to pay

- Brianna - 11-09-2012 07:40 PM

Doubt it, they already make enough money from advertisements. They'd only lose out because only idiots would pay for that shit.

- Chris Van moorsel - 11-09-2012 07:40 PM

well, it's time for facebook to actually make some profits, they wont charge to use their website, but applications such as games add-ons, etc. They will also charge for ads.

- Glave Adams - 11-09-2012 07:40 PM

Its a scam, they may add features later and charge for them who knows however they are not willing to lose their users due to a small fee that adds and games make up for.

- Zein Alfayez - 11-09-2012 07:40 PM

Biggest scam ever. You think anyone in thee world will pay for something like facebook? They already make millions and millions without our help. Its from things like advertising on the facebook site. Facebook gets paid loads for that. If they every decide to make us pay, another person will create something similar to facebook and make it free.

- Fajner1 - 11-09-2012 07:40 PM

No. Just no. There have been four, FOUR, almost identical questions like this over the past week. FOUR.

GO READ FACEBOOK'S LOGIN PAGE.

- BoooschBishesz ! - 11-09-2012 07:40 PM

It's a joke .
Go on face book's log in page ; it says that it's free & will always be .
( :

- Kittysue - 11-09-2012 07:40 PM

This is a stupid scam that goes around every few months. Facebook is and always will be free. They make money from advertisers. If they charged, I would guess 40-50% of users would leave the site, their ad revenues would go down, their advertisers would find another site to advertise on, and their profits would fall. Facebook is never going to charge users - that would be committing financial suicide