Twitist Forums
what does the blue circle with the checkmark on Twitter mean? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter abbreviations (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: what does the blue circle with the checkmark on Twitter mean? (/thread-3496.html)

what does the blue circle with the checkmark on Twitter mean? - lgerstmann1 - 10-02-2012 02:38 PM

I am now using Twitter and on some accounts there is a blue circle with a checkmark inside and I'm not sure what it means. Does that mean I cannot post tweets to them or does it mean they have a special account? Can anyone tell me? Thanks.

- Devin. - 10-02-2012 02:46 PM

It means theyre a verified account and its to show theyre real. Theyre specially checked and verified by twitter, people who are verified are usually famous companies, stores and celebrities and its to show that theyre account are the real, legit one since people on twitter like to pose/fake people.

- Meygan - 10-02-2012 02:46 PM

You see this on celebrities Twitter accounts. Some people make fake accounts pretending to be celebrities, but when you see the blue circle with a checkmark, that means it really is that celebrity.