Twitist Forums
Is it weird to wish someone whose been dead for years a happy birthday on facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Is it weird to wish someone whose been dead for years a happy birthday on facebook? (/thread-35081.html)

Is it weird to wish someone whose been dead for years a happy birthday on facebook? - James - 11-09-2012 07:36 PM

I see it all the time people wish their dead relatives happy birthday’s even though the person died years ago. Anyone else find this strange?

FYI, someone who died at 17 one way or another probably didn’t age to 35.

- CAB - 11-09-2012 07:44 PM

It's even stranger when they get a reply.

- thunderingafternoon867 - 11-09-2012 07:44 PM

Eh, I've seen stranger. If it helps them remember their loved one I guess it isn't that strange.

- Hollywood Jono - 11-09-2012 07:44 PM

It’s may appear a little on the strange side but it’s a way to let the still living family and friends of that person know that others are still thinking about them. The person the message is addressed to already knows when, if and what people are thinking about them.

- Steve B - 11-09-2012 07:44 PM

It is unhealthy to hang on to that person as if they were still alive for so long.

- Daddy Dennis - 11-09-2012 07:44 PM

Not at all. Most healthy people use the internet as a memorial.

People who fight against religion in most cases are the opposite of healthy. They are sick and demented cowards hiding behind their computers attacking people in much pain who come here to grieve. And they will taste each and every last drop of pain caused by them. Not some of it, ALL OF IT.

What looks there will be on many faces! "This is what I get? But God, I was just playing around on my computer. I didn't know! Please! Noooooooooo!"

- kiwiborn - 11-09-2012 07:44 PM

i think it's more to comfort our own memories of the good times.

- Sarah - 11-09-2012 07:44 PM

It's not that strange. I've seen people wishing dead celebrities a happy birthday. Some people will actually have cakes to celebrate a dead persons birthday. My uncle's daughter died at 16, he still goes to the grave and eats cake with her. I mean, if it was someone dear to you or some celebrity that you thought was an inspiration, then it's okay.