Twitist Forums
awkward age gap, someone please help!? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: awkward age gap, someone please help!? (/thread-3535.html)

awkward age gap, someone please help!? - Ninja - 10-02-2012 03:20 PM

I really like this girl, i'm 17 and she's 15. I've never spoken to her and she doesn't have the slightest clue that i'm interested, i plan to change that and i want to get to know her better and, if things go well, maybe make her my girlfriend. But i know that's a long way off yet. Here's the problem, i'm soon to be 18, if i do get the ball rolling and we start seeing each other a lot more, she'll still be 15 for a few months before she turns 16. It all just seems a bit weird in my head, i don't want to weird her out or scare her off by the fact that i'm technically an adult (in the uk) and she's still only 15. like i said it will only be for a few months and i know the age gap will decrease in importance as we get older, i've been waiting years for a reason to talk to her but nothing's came up, i've finally found the courage to say hello and i want to do it now while i still can, i'll have to do it through a private message on twitter or facebook as i don't have her number. She knows who i am, she's my sister's friend so she knows i'm not just some creep. I don't want to wait until she's 16, it might be easier that way but i've been waiting around too long for her, and she's just so dam beautiful it's only a matter of time before some other guy comes along. So what do you think? will this age gap be a problem? I've finally found some courage but it's bad timing, i don't want to ruin it by creeping her out. Someone please help i really really like her.

- Lee - 10-02-2012 03:28 PM

well i am a 15yr old girl (almost 16) and i wouldnt have moch of a problem if a guy your age aproached me in that way. In fact i did recently have a brief fling with a 17yr old guy. Just go for it.

- Juste - 10-02-2012 03:28 PM

Just talk to her! I don't think its a big deal if you really like her. Plus if you treat her right its not a problem Smile

- LadyAbe10 - 10-02-2012 03:28 PM

No not at all, I know someone with the exact same age gap between her and her boyfriend. They started dating when she was 13, him 15. And yes, for a while she was 15 while he was 18. No one had a problem with it because they were serious about each other (I think its been nearly 5 years now).
Just go for it. You clearly feel for the girl. Ask your sister what she likes, might give you something to talk to her about. Good luck!