Twitist Forums
Do you think that it's right for future employers, college recruites, or scholarship advocates to view your..? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter privacy (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Do you think that it's right for future employers, college recruites, or scholarship advocates to view your..? (/thread-35383.html)

Do you think that it's right for future employers, college recruites, or scholarship advocates to view your..? - Spuds - 11-09-2012 07:46 PM

Facbook, Twitter, Myspace, etc. social-netwroking webistes to gatehr more information about you? Please describe in your answer as to why or why not.

- Afreaking Beast - 11-09-2012 07:54 PM

no.
should they also be reading the letters i write my gf? what about listening to my phone calls?
@captain obvious
what you do in your personal life should not interefer. i say fkc a lot, should getting a job be that much harder because i like the word fck?

- George Costanza - 11-09-2012 07:54 PM

I think its violating personal privacy. I mean theyre gonna look for your page and study it and try to find out about you that way. Its kinda creepy. And what if you dont even have a MS or FB account, theyre gonna think youre psychotic or something.

- Captain Obvious - 11-09-2012 07:54 PM

Yes it's fair and right. If people want to put pictures of their debauchery and write-ups about their philandering on the Internet, then they should expect that it's available to the public for viewing. And if an employer wants to learn about a potential recruit, going to their social networking pages is a great way to do that. If the potential recruit has a problem with that, then they should either stop job searching or delete anything incriminating off of all of their sites.

The "right to privacy" doesn't actually exist.

- Bobby Rujo - 11-09-2012 07:54 PM

Don't have any of those.

But no, I don't think it's right.. but it happens.

- Let it be - 11-09-2012 07:54 PM

Can they without your permission? I think not.Besides what are they going to find out about me? That I play Fronteirville?

- Amanda - 11-09-2012 07:54 PM

Is it right? Probably not - but if you page or information is public then anyone has the ability to look. My sister recently obtained her first professional job and her new boss sent her a friend request, she immediately went through old posts and pics and said it was just "time to grow up". I agree with that statement completely; you only should post decent and sensible things about your character online or set strict controls on your privacy settings.