Twitist Forums
Relative selling Christmas gift on ebay? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Relative selling Christmas gift on ebay? (/thread-35391.html)

Pages: 1 2

Relative selling Christmas gift on ebay? - omegajasmine - 11-09-2012 07:46 PM

My sis-in-law sells things on ebay. We're friends on facebook and when she lists something it posts to her wall. So it shows up in news feed. My feelings are a little hurt that she is selling something my 4 year old daughter picked out for her. Granted it's hers to do with as she pleases. But, shouldn't she have given some thought to I might see it? And isn't that just downright rude?

- Dartman - 11-09-2012 07:55 PM

Well, you could confront her and tell her how you feel about it, or you could just leave it alone and avoid a conflict. Also that's very rude, but it's theirs when they receive the gift and he/she can do whatever he/she wants to do with it. Maybe you should stop giving her gifts to you.

- zammit.shane - 11-09-2012 07:55 PM

Yeah I think it's rude but don't take it personally, the truth is people don't generally always get stuff they want at Christmas, if she has no use for it simply sell it, selling stuff is so easy now and that's why she is doing it, it is less hassle than keeping it.

- Mr. Turtle - 11-09-2012 07:55 PM

I guess 4 year olds don't pick good gifts.

- LostConfusedSoul - 11-09-2012 07:55 PM

Next time don't give her gifts.Learn from your mistakes,it sounds hard,but life is a learning process.

- Jules - 11-09-2012 07:55 PM

Is it possible that they could be in a bind for money, yet don't want it known?

- HappyDog - 11-09-2012 07:55 PM

It's a little tacky maybe, but not necessarily rude. If she didn't like it and didn't feel she could return it, then why keep it? Look at it this way. It's better than her telling you she didn't like it and asking you for something else!

- SugarCat - 11-09-2012 07:55 PM

That was thoughtless of her. The only thing you can do is ignore it, though.

- G - 11-09-2012 07:55 PM

Your four year old will neither know nor care that her aunt is selling a gift she can't use, to get money she can use for other things. But I understand your hurt feelings, mainly because you spent your hard earned money on that gift. It's not necessarily rude so much as thoughtless on her part. Then again, maybe she's proving a point of her own here, that things she doesn't need or can't use will be sold on eBay. It's certainly something I would keep in mind for the future. Perhaps next Christmas you could consider drawing names within the family, setting a spending limit, etc or just exchanging cards.

- Cole - 11-09-2012 07:55 PM

The gift is hers, as is her burden to survive