Twitist Forums
If I have a French radio station on while sitting at the computer, will it help my French? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: If I have a French radio station on while sitting at the computer, will it help my French? (/thread-35414.html)

If I have a French radio station on while sitting at the computer, will it help my French? - Katia May <3 - 11-09-2012 07:47 PM

I'm not listening to it, and I can't really understand it, just pick out a few words. Will I absorb it if it's on in the background while I'm doing homework, on facebook etc?

- Kyle R - 11-09-2012 07:55 PM

if you already know french then the pronunciation of the words should get better as you do this

- NoraCat - 11-09-2012 07:55 PM

It can't hurt, and it might help a little, as long as you study French in other ways.

But doing that only, won't help much at all - except maybe with your accent.

- Mary - 11-09-2012 07:55 PM

Some. but not that much.

- Norden Gail - 11-09-2012 07:55 PM

Depends on which French radio Smile

If you're listening to a "young" radio, people are speaking really fast, using slang for most of them, and according to the fact that they only play English music...I'm not quite sure it would help...

Oh my God, I speak like my mother, no good getting old --'

- keni - 11-09-2012 07:55 PM

you will become familiar with the sound of French. Another thing you could do is go on youtube and look for French songs, eg "Le Parapluie Brassens"

- keni - 11-09-2012 07:55 PM

i'm sorry , but no lol .

start watchin' french tv shows or take classes in french at school .