Twitist Forums
how can i convince her to let me get a facebook?!!? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: how can i convince her to let me get a facebook?!!? (/thread-35455.html)

how can i convince her to let me get a facebook?!!? - volcom_iS_lovex3 - 11-09-2012 07:48 PM

my mom wont let me get a facebook! but im not under 13, and im responsible, so i wouldn't do anything bad or anything like that.
what can i do to convince her im ready for one?
and i cant just make one without her permission, because a lot of my moms friends and relatives have them and they would be able to find me.

- Donald G - 11-09-2012 07:57 PM

Try and show her somehow that it's not all bad, like say there's a friend on FB which you havn't seen in ages, and tell her that people you don't know can't get to know you unless you accept them as friends.

- Willibea - 11-09-2012 07:57 PM

i had the same problem,dont tripp.

neways tell her youll make ur account private so then only ppl u kno,and ppl under the age of 18 can be ur friend.(unless u put ur age older then 18).
and tell her she can have her friends check it on a regular basis to make sure ur not doing nething.
and the ur strongest point would be to give her ur password,so she knos whos all ur friend,and who u tlk to.(oh and tell her she can check the history on ur pc to make sure u havent been doing nething scandalous)
but if u do tht,make sure u dnt have nething to wild on there Wink

hope i was somewhat of a help.
you welcome Smile)

- avsrule247 - 11-09-2012 07:57 PM

Well you don't need a parents permission to have facebook. Just use it when she is not looking.

I understand her concern though, there are many teens that get lured in by strangers and get abducted. Just use it when she is not around.

- Curly - 11-09-2012 07:57 PM

Tell her how you can
make ALL things set
so that only your friends
can see them?

- goldenlover112 - 11-09-2012 07:57 PM

i have the same problem! my mom wont let me have a facebook

i showed her a list of ppl(my friends) that have one!
i told her that no one can see ur profile unless they are u friends
that she can look at it when she wants to ect
and also that u will only accept friend requests if u know the person face to face!!

hope it helps..im trying too!