Twitist Forums
What language is this and what does it mean? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: What language is this and what does it mean? (/thread-35585.html)

What language is this and what does it mean? - Snoogle - 11-09-2012 07:52 PM

So i logged on facebook and i saw someone wrote "Bahan ki lodi" on my picture, this guy has been harassing me for a while now.. what does it mean? Im English so I dont even have a clue what language it is.

- summer.rain - 11-09-2012 08:01 PM

google translate said it was italian and it came out bahan ki praise...? Delete the guy! lol

- Jonathan Davidson - 11-09-2012 08:01 PM

Italian is what it seems like. Although, some of the vowels are mixed up. but rough translation That the Baha'i lodi in Turkish. Otherwise its just a guy trying to mess with you

- मिखेल - 11-09-2012 08:01 PM

It's Hindi-- I'm startled by the conjecture that it's Italian. Note that the phrase would be the same in Urdu.

बहन (bahan) means sister, while the post-position की (ki) is generally used to signal possession of a grammatically feminine relative, house, or body part. I don't know exactly what "lodi" is, but I suspect it's a variant of a slang term for the male genitalia (Urdu contains words like this that are very similar to "lodi").

Ehm-- I don't want to explain it too extensively, but there are feminine variants of this word. And it's not uncommon in Hindi and Urdu to hear a phrase like "your sister's [lodi]."

In any event, it's quite rude.